We’ve all come across, and even experimented with, unusual or out of the ordinary interview questions but (hopefully) very few HR professionals will ever have crossed the line into inappropriate – sadly, it seems that approach isn’t the case when it comes to recruiting new NHL players.
Former NFL defensive lineman Austen Lane recently revealed a number of bizarre interview questions that he was asked during the recruitment process.
The list includes:
- If you could kill someone and not get caught, would you?
- Do you think your mother is attractive?
- I see you have dreads, you smoke weed don’t you?
- If you had to murder someone, would you use a gun or a knife?
- Boxers or briefs?
Other players, who remained anonymous, also revealed questions they’d been asked, including:
- How many different things can you think of that you can do with a paper clip?
- Your mum was a prostitute?
- When did you lose your virginity?
Steering slightly more towards traditional HR questions, Patriots safety Devin McCourty said he’d been asked which superpower he’d like most.
More like this:
Former Auckland employee has assets frozen in fraud case
UK company launches innovative “period policy”
Mercedes-Benz backing people, not robots
“If you were ice cream, which flavour would you be?”